Things to do
Cape Town's Attractions are plentiful and varied. The Western Cape is one of South Africa's premier tourism destinations and for a good reason.The Cape Province is renowned for the world-famous landmark Table Mountain, its vast Cape Winelands and the most exquisite coastline.
Cosmopolitan Cape Town is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, a place where the two mighty oceans embrace, with spectacular coastal scenery and white sandy beaches, all nestled beneath the mighty shadow of Table Mountain.The warm balmy summer days and very mild winters make Cape Town an attractive all year round destination, combined with a luxury safari.
Being the oldest city in South Africa, Cape Town is a cosmopolitan city with a rich and colourful history. The first Europeans to develop a permanent settlement here were the Dutch who set up the Dutch East India Trading Company in 1652. Other inhabitants were the French, German, British, Malaysian and Khoisan people and their presence can be seen in the well preserved mix of architectural styles scattered around the city which include classic Dutch style, German Boroque, French Neo-classical, English Regency and Georgian style.
This cultural diversity is also reflected in the local cuisine that has earned Cape Town the reputation as South Africa's gourmet capital. This fun loving city is full of award winning restaurants competing for your custom. We would recommend at least four days in Cape Town. When you have ascended Table Mountain, visited Robben Island and the numerous museums, soaked up some sun on the beach, done some whale watching, shopping and dined out wonderfully yet inexpensively, you can head into the picturesque Winelands.
Range of adrenaline tours
- Hike up Table Mountain or Lion's Head – enquire about the best trails at our office
- Take a tour of the city on the hop on – hop off topless bus, with your clothes on
- Take a full day trip to Cape Point and Cape of Good Hope includes pick-up, lunch, cycling and hiking
- Visit our famous wine route and taste South Africa's finest wines. Includes wine tasting, cellar tours lunch and cheese tasting
- See the whales in Hermanus, from June to December
- Learn to surf or sand board, enquire at reception
- Go shark cage diving and see the great whites up close in Gansbaai, includes transport, gear, breakfast and lunch
- Fall from the sky on a tandem skydive jump, the ultimate adrenalin rush (transport excluded)
- Learn about South African history at Robben Island or explore the Townships
- Step off Table Mountain with the world's highest commercial Abseil or Kamikaze Kanyon tours
When the weather is not so good
- Visit the Natural History, District Six, Bo-Kaap Museums, the Planetarium or National Art Gallery
- Pamper yourself at the Turkish bath at the top of Long Street, swim in their pool or just relax in the Jacuzzi
- Visit a divine little shop in De Waterkant called La Provence for gifts and trinkets
- Check out the myriad antique shops and art galleries in the city centre and explore Green Market Square
- Shop until you drop at the Waterfront, Century City or Tygervalley Centre
- Watch a movie at the Labia cinemas just up the road or learn to play Afro rhythms on Djembe drums
- At our travel desk we have sourced the most ECONOMICAL RATES for car rentals, day tours, overland safari's and transport, so you can conveniently book with us.